Friday, January 11, 2008

A few words

I have questioned for awhile whether or not I should make this blog. See, I have an issue with pride, and putting my writings up in a public place where people may praise them may only feed my pride if they do.

However, at the same time, I can't keep the lessons that God is teaching me to myself anymore.

This blog is simply my thoughts. This is not a journal of my life, nor is this a collection of essays. These are simply thoughts that I have that express what God is teaching me, and who I am and who I am becoming.

Some posts may be long, full-blown essays. Others may not be more than a sentence or two. But hopefully, all of them will communicate something God has shown me.

A note about the title: The reason I call it "God Said It Best" is because anything I write on here that is true, you can find it in the Bible (although maybe not expounded upon to the extent that I tent to expound...). If it's not true, however, I want you to challenge me and show me where I went wrong, and what the Bible actually says.

(And y'all can ignore the "About Me" section, I wrote that for my other blog, Journey to Jacksonville)

2 comments:

Brian said...

Um.... nice layout! :-)

And yes... God did say it best! I'm just glad he's not come kind of perfectionist that doesn't let us say anything because we're so stupid compared to Him.

>< >Brian

Get the FACTS: http://brianfactor.blogspot.com

Shelly Martin said...

Your interpretation of God is totally off center. It's like those crazy stories of people who worship punitive gods who demand scary sacrifices.
Hey, REMEMBER THIS ONE??? "For God So LOVED the world that he gave his only begotten son"???
Loved!
Love means caring and caring about the well being and happiness of the ones you love. Psalms 144:15 Happy are the people who's God is the Lord".
Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in Lord and he will give you the DESIRES OF YOUR HEART! (Sounds pretty happy to me)!!!

There are a lot more examples in the Bible of Gods mercy and rescuing people in any sort of miserable situation. Or why bother even praying to a God who supposedly is only demanding you care about his wants and he doesn't even care about your basic happiness? Lol
I can't believe how absolutely ignorant this post is. Who would be willing to "worship" a "God", who is actually zero interest in your basic human need?!
Stupid!
Yes. STUPID!
Please stop sharing your ignorant and miserable viewpoint!
Obviously this works is at times a pretty crappy place to be...and turning to Hod for help is all some people have. But a MERCIFUL AND LOVING GOD who will lead them to have HOPE. And hope is knowing that happiness is up ahead.
I believe in a merciful and caring, loving God who actually wants me to be happy. And wants me to share that message.

I can just imagine your miserable church. Everyone sitting around all sullen and miserable. Waiting for Jesus to come on a white horse in the clouds but secretly dreading it because he isn't really on your side after all since your happiness is none of his concern. You are simply a slave to fear. You have given up on the dream of any happiness in your life. You are just so scared of "hell" that you comply with all the "rules" in order not to piss God off so he doesn't make you suffer even more misery then your already pretty miserable and unhappy life.
Wow! And you wonder why you can't lead anyone to Christ! Lol

Please do us all a favor and get to know Hod better before telling people your view of God.
Your views will lead people to suicide.